Our monthly memberships pay for storage for the bike & its' inventory, bike repairs, & acquiring special topic titles.
Our monthly newsletter announces our upcoming book bike outings, book clubs, meet-ups, & promotions.
Our events & marketing collaborations depend on partners like you. Send us your pitch & we'll make it happen.
Please use the contact form on the home page if you have further inquiries.
To raise funds:
1. Contribute directly via Venmo.
2. Become a monthly member through The Nonbinarian's Ko-Fi.
3. Purchase any merchandise from The Nonbinarian's Bonfire shop & the profit will go to the book bike fund.
4. Purchase any book from The Nonbinarian’s Bookshop & the affiliate fee will go to the book bike fund.
5. Choose The Nonbinarian as your Libro.fm store & your audiobook purchases will add to the book bike fund, as with other affiliate programs.
To provide books*:
1. Purchase a new book from The Nonbinarian's Bookshop Wishlist to be donated to the book bike’s inventory. The affiliate fee will also go to the book bike fund.
2. Purchase a new book from The Nonbinarian Partner Wishlist with P&T Knitwear to be donated to the book bike's inventory. P&T will receive the sale; The Nonbinarian will receive the inventory.
3. Purchase a new book from The Nonbinarian Partner Wishlist with Greenlight Bookstore to be donated to the book bike's inventory. Greenlight will receive the sale; The Nonbinarian will receive the inventory.
4. Donate new or gently-used books, ARCs, comp copies, library discards, etc.. Seeking queer books only - all ages, genres, & languages. To arrange a local book drop off or to ship book donations, please email us to coordinate.
*Please do not buy books from Amazon to donate.
The principle of mutual aid is trade exchange. This can mean cross promotion & signal boosting, using your larger platform for increased amplification, or, if you have means or privileges that you can ally on behalf of more marginalized communities, you can consider what form of involvement & collaboration feels appropriate & possible for you.
The particulars are up to you - be it sourcing inventory, community outreach, or heck, even biking the book bike herself, the how & what are whatever is within your capacity.
You're welcome to use the contact form with an idea of how you would like to be involved. When we're actively seeking volunteers for events, it will be announced on social media & our newsletter.
In full transparency, there is no compensation for labor available as we focus on launching this initiative. If in the future there are paid opportunities, they will be announced accordingly.
All confirmed bike outings, book clubs, & meet ups are listed on the events page.
If you would like the book bike to be a part of your event, please note that The Nonbinarian is not a retailer, does not have a vending license, & does not have means for vendor fees & securing permits. All pitches must take these factors into account.
Pitches for promotional campaigns are highly encouraged, as are unique book bike opportunity inquiries. Please email us for all events & marketing inquiries.
Events & marketing pitches are most feasible if presented with a specific goal & timeline in mind.
Event pitch example: "I represent several trans poets & we would like to coordinate a recurring outdoor salon series for Open Streets with the book bike as part of the festivities. We'll provide the venue & book the authors, you provide the books."
Marketing pitch example: "I have a new bisexual YA novel coming out this fall. I'd like to do a live author Q&A on The Nonbinarian's Instagram to promote the book. In exchange, I can provide a comp copy raffle for the book bike."